POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : What is the SuperPatch? : Re: What is the SuperPatch? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is the SuperPatch?
From: Daniel Connelly
Date: 18 Dec 1998 10:04:50
Message: <367A6F12.47976E20@puff.stanford.edu>
Ron Parker wrote:
>(though if you're not using a lathe for making a
> baseball bat, you should be hit with one...)

... unless you are using a sor. :)

Actually, I have had problems with sor, so actually did use a lathe for
my baseball bat.

But back to the spherical_sweep -- one of the issues with the sweep is sometimes
the spline takes non-obvious paths to connect the points, so a little care
is needed in specifying the control points.  Nevertheless, it is a wonderful
primitive, and certainly would be justified for inclusion into "standard" POV.

Dan