POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : HOW ON EARTH DO I GET FILES OUT OF POV RAY? : Re: HOW ON EARTH DO I GET FILES OUT OF POV RAY? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 06:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HOW ON EARTH DO I GET FILES OUT OF POV RAY?
From: Ron Parker
Date: 16 Dec 1998 08:33:02
Message: <3677b68e.0@news.povray.org>
On 16 Dec 1998 05:36:12 -0500, Nieminen Mika <war### [at] assaricctutfi> wrote:
>Andrew Cocker <and### [at] acockerfreeservecouk> wrote:
>:     You need to use the switch +FT ( add it to your \renderer\povray.ini
>: file ).
>
>  I have always thought that this is the default and that you don't have
>to specify it.
>  And anyways, +FC is better.

It's no longer the default on the Windows platform.  The default on that
platform is sys, or BMP.  But yes, +FC is probably better, unless you have
a big hard drive and a slow computer.  (For the benefit of the newusers,
+FT specifies uncompressed Targa format, and +FC specifies compressed
Targa format.)