POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POVRay, Win, Height-field tutorial glitch : POVRay, Win, Height-field tutorial glitch Server Time
3 Oct 2024 21:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  POVRay, Win, Height-field tutorial glitch
From: Stephanie Schnoebelen
Date: 15 Dec 1998 12:43:56
Message: <36769FA5.CAD12C1@leepfrog.com>
When I exactly follow the POVRay (v 3.1) tutorial in the Windows Help
files up to the creation of hfdemo.pov, I end up with an error that it
can't open the tga file that I was supposed to have made from image.pov.
It seems something has been left out of the instructions. (I do have an
image .bmp in my directory, but I can't seem to save it as a .tga.) Can
anyone help?

I am looking through the messages so far, because I think that this MUST
have been asked before, but with 900+ to go, I thought I'd throw myself
on the mercy of the list! S.O.S.!