POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Height Field with Image Map texture : Re: Height Field with Image Map texture Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:34:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height Field with Image Map texture
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 8 Dec 1998 11:00:15
Message: <366d4d0f.0@news.povray.org>
Peter Hale <pet### [at] trwcom> wrote:
: I have taken a photo of a person and created a grayscale version of the
: face. Using this as the Height Field input I tried to place the photo of
: the person as the texture. The image map is specified as use once. The
: results I recieve is the photo image being rendered to the +x,+y quad,
: leaving the remaining three quads with no texture.

  Scale and translate are the keywords.
  You can make it for example this way: Translate the heightfield so that
its corner is at the origin and scale it so that it's sized 1x1 (if I
remember right, this is the default without translations or scales).
Then apply the texture and translate and scale it (the texture) so that
its corner is also at the origin and its dimensions are equal to the
heightfield dimensions. (If I still remember right, you have also to rotate
the texture 90 degrees but I suppose you have already guessed that)

--
main(i){char*_="BdsyFBThhHFBThhHFRz]NFTITQF|DJIFHQhhF";while(i=
*_++)for(;i>1;printf("%s",i-70?i&1?"[]":" ":(i=0,"\n")),i/=2);} /*- Warp. -*/