POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Caustics attempts? : Re: Caustics attempts? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Caustics attempts?
From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 7 Dec 1998 18:22:41
Message: <366c6330.193697086@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 07 Dec 1998 01:25:07 +0000, Daren Scot Wilson
<dar### [at] pipelinecom> wrote:

>Ron said:
>> I haven't looked at it yet to see how difficult it
>> will be.  The previous dispersion patch was a major code change.
>>

>Well, this one's a nice, simple change.  Just replaces one function in
>one source file with some fancier stuff, and small changes to a few
>other files to add the new keywords.    Should blend in with superpatch
>or other patches no trouble.

I've looked at it and it looks like it should be no problem to add,
but I'll have to integrate it with wyzpov, which might be no small
feat.  BTW, your patch file seems to have some duplicated lines in
express.c and a couple other places, unless I'm just not reading
it right (which is quite possible)