POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Refraction bug(?) this time : Re: Refraction bug(?) this time Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:37:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Refraction bug(?) this time
From: Ken
Date: 3 Dec 1998 06:51:26
Message: <36667A9F.62493D0D@pacbell.net>
I'm glad you were able to read between the lines in my explanation.
I saw through your logic but was having a hard time trying to present
a model you would understand.
   On issues like this I really wish that some of the super raytracing
guru's hung out reguraly on these group. Someone like Chris Young
himself, having worked on the core code and knowing the exact reasons
that things are structered the way they are, could really be a benneift
to the users of the program. While the docs do a fairly good job of describing the
circumstances, they do not always go into suffecient
detail or list a number of examples illustrating all that is needed
to understand all of the nuances of the features.

Oh well ! Wish in one hand and _ _ _ _ in the other...

Ken Tyler