POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Refraction bug(?) this time : Re: Refraction bug(?) this time Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Refraction bug(?) this time
From: =Bob
Date: 2 Dec 1998 23:48:08
Message: <36661808.0@news.povray.org>
I think I get you.
Except for the fact that, what I'm thinking about is, since there is no csg
taking place and all the objects are set to hollow (meaning the sphere
hollowness should be unchanged regardless) why then isn't it still just a
totally invisible object? It ought to be as a container object should be for
media and not ever become visible when an external object encounters it.
I remind you of the fact that *all* objects are set to hollow and inversing
any would still make for all hollow (or is this the thing, hollow turns
off???). Reason of course being that the outside of any is already hollow
anyway, and setting them to hollow is like making the entire scene hollow.
Right? or am I still not convincing anyone?

Message <36660FC3.9D17DED0@Kopp.com>, Nathan Kopp  typed...

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
  http://members.aol.com/inversez/POVring.html