POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Problem with image mapping : Problem with image mapping Server Time
6 Sep 2024 06:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with image mapping
From: Fred Jansohn
Date: 1 Dec 1998 14:55:11
Message: <3664499A.63916657@citynet.net>
Hi,

I'm trying to put an image map on a vertical plane and use it for a
background (sky and clouds).  I tried with a sky sphere first but the
picture was distorted.  With the plane, I get a whole bunch of little
pictures (like a composit) instead of one big one.  In the
documentation, it states that the image map may be scaled and positioned
on the object but I figure out how to do it.  Is the plane the right
thing to use for this?

Also, I first tried to use a .gif format but got an error that said
interlacing wasn't supported so I had to use a .bmp file.  Could that
have caused the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Fred