POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New build of the Superpatch now available : New build of the Superpatch now available Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:27:51 EDT (-0400)
  New build of the Superpatch now available
From: Ron Parker
Date: 24 Nov 1998 09:42:24
Message: <365ac5d0.0@news.povray.org>
The long-awaited new build of the POV Superpatch is now available for
download from http://twysted.net/patchstation .  Also, please stop by
and check out our shiny new Superpatch forum at the same URL.  Please,
please make sure you read the README file before you run the program;
there is at least one thing in there that you'll need to know to get
it to work properly.

New in this version:
--------------------
o #ifdef(array[index])
o The pattern image type now understands transparency.
o The pattern image type now allows you to specify hf_gray_16 as the first
  parameter to make higher-resolution height_fields.
o The new (POV 3.1) editor has been added.
o Better documentation!!!  I've merged and massaged the documentation from
  all of the included patches into one big MS Word 97 file.  If you can't
  read Word files, download the free viewer from Microsoft's web site.  I
  hope to provide these docs in PDF, plain text, HTML, and perhaps WinHelp
  form as well.

Things I still have to do:
--------------------------
o Example files.  If you have a nice one, please consider sending it to me
  for inclusion in the next version, especially if it demonstrates one
  feature particularly well.
o More documentation formats

Patches I have but haven't had the time to add:
o Some new and exciting warps from XenoArch: cylindrical, spherical, toroidal,
  planar
o Some great new lighting patches, also from XenoArch: parallel light_sources,
  flexible group-based shadowing and illumination, "masked" lights
o Nathan Kopp's updated UV mapping patch, plus his new reset_children warp
o Wyzard's new metallic reflection patch

Patches I don't have yet but will probably add anyway:
o A use_image warp similar to Photoshop displacement maps (but 3D, of course)
o A patch to make "#if (myvector=0)" meaningful