POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Isosurface Golden Egg source : Isosurface Golden Egg source Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:28:18 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface Golden Egg source
From: Jerry Anning
Date: 28 Nov 1998 04:04:11
Message: <365FBC97.14126AB7@dhol.com>
Here is the source for the Isosurface golden egg I posted in
povray.binaries.images.  This uses the Isosurface patch (in this case,
in the SuperPatch).  The "5" and "6" could be made variable and the
shape could easily be recast as a macro or as 3.02 isosurface code.  The
egg runs from y=-1 to y=1 along the y (up) axis with the narrow end on
top.  I modified the formula from a Ken Perlin C snippet.  Maybe someone
will find this useful.

Jerry Anning
cle### [at] dholcom