POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : We need a new 'render' statement : Autocontinuation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Autocontinuation
From: Lewis Sellers
Date: 20 Nov 1998 17:53:02
Message: <3655F2B4.DBBC3852@usit.net>
Lukee wrote:

> Could this be implemented via a patch (I don't think I have the skill to
> do that)?
>
> Please tell me your opinion!
>
> Luca Rivelli <luk### [at] usanet>

Since we're talking about 'cool stuff for v4' I've got another.
Auto-continuation. It'll be nice to set an .ini that's going to be
rendering a couple hundred frames over the next week or so :) to
automatically continue whenever povray is started up. (In particular, if
I've put it in the win nt tray, so that come power-outs, or BSOD's
povray will keep on going.)

Adding a render priority option to the .ini would be useful as well:

	render_priority=lower

etc...

--
Lewis A. Sellers: writer and contract Multimedia Website Developer
mailto:lse### [at] usitnet (The Fourth Millennium Foundation)

You can bug the living bejesus out of me live on ICQ @ 491461
(If I don't get back to you within a month, I'm out of prozac in some
dark corner somewhere screaming things quite unintelligable but -- most
curiously -- thick with a sumerian accent.)

"The comedy is over" -i pagliacci