POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : We need a new 'render' statement : Re: We need a new 'render' statement Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: We need a new 'render' statement
From: Lewis Sellers
Date: 20 Nov 1998 17:52:58
Message: <3655E3FB.A17FD373@usit.net>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> On the other hand, if your scene script contais some kind of iterative process
> or - worse yet - some kind of a physics model (for ex. balls bouncing around),
> it is a real pain to have the entire scene processed for every frame. The
> calculations would have to go from the beginnig to current state every frame and
> the parse time would increase each time.
> This can often be handled with I/O functions, of course; but POV's I/O functions
> are (with all due respect) a bit cumbersome (for example having to #read all the
> identifiers in a file when you only need the last one for a particular frame or
> having to manually comma-delimit the list).
>
> Margus

The easiest thing to do is to create .inc file(s) that declare all the
variables of your current frame (and init on clock = 0.0). That way you
can read in all variables, etc with a simple #include "physics.inc" etc.

--
Lewis A. Sellers: writer and contract Multimedia Website Developer
mailto:lse### [at] usitnet (The Fourth Millennium Foundation)

You can bug the living bejesus out of me live on ICQ @ 491461
(If I don't get back to you within a month, I'm out of prozac in some
dark corner somewhere screaming things quite unintelligable but -- most
curiously -- thick with a sumerian accent.)

"The comedy is over" -i pagliacci