POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : We need a new 'render' statement : Re: We need a new 'render' statement Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:31:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: We need a new 'render' statement
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 20 Nov 1998 15:21:00
Message: <3655CF62.1D2182FA@peak.edu.ee>
On the other hand, if your scene script contais some kind of iterative process
or - worse yet - some kind of a physics model (for ex. balls bouncing around),
it is a real pain to have the entire scene processed for every frame. The
calculations would have to go from the beginnig to current state every frame and
the parse time would increase each time.
This can often be handled with I/O functions, of course; but POV's I/O functions
are (with all due respect) a bit cumbersome (for example having to #read all the
identifiers in a file when you only need the last one for a particular frame or
having to manually comma-delimit the list).

Margus