POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Calling lightsources : Calling lightsources Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Calling lightsources
From: Leviathon
Date: 20 Nov 1998 10:16:53
Message: <365587e5.0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I've got a problem that I think might be a bug but am not sure. I'm trying
to model a laserbeam. To do this I call a cylinder of the required colour
then assign a cylindrical spotlight to this cylinder.....now this works fine
in that the beam looks like a beam and radiates light like I desire.
However, I get what appears to be an artifact, in that a new cylinder seems
to appear at the origin (o,o,o) going straight up but not acting like a
light source........I've checked the .pov file and there is no cylinder
called for at that location, it only appears in the rendered image. I have
three laserbeams in the scene that I call but only one artifact appears and
it appears no matter which laserbeam(s) I call. Can anyone give me some
advice to eliminated this problem or even tell me a better way to simulate a
laserbeam

Thanks

Owain Knight