POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : We need a new 'render' statement : Re: We need a new 'render' statement Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:30:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: We need a new 'render' statement
From: Ken
Date: 20 Nov 1998 09:06:07
Message: <365576DC.413254ED@pacbell.net>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> But the entire scene has to be parsed again for every frame.
>
> Margus

Which makes a lot of sense memory wise. If you have a 200
frame animation and parsed once you would have to store in
memory every iteration of the changes in the reflected rays in
the scene. I would think you would also increase the initial
parsing time to an uncomfortable level to do the calculations
for each iteration.. Maybe for one object against a black
background this penalty wouldn't be too high but what if you
had several objects moving down a mirrored hallway with 12
colored lights bouncing off of the objects and the walls of the
hall ? I shudder to think of the wait.
Just my thoughts on the subject.

Ken Tyler