POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Where to get NON BEta Povray? : Re: Where to get NON BEta Povray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:35:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where to get NON BEta Povray?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 16 Nov 1998 14:17:25
Message: <36507a45.0@news.povray.org>
In article <36506fa3.0@news.povray.org> , par### [at] my-dejanewscom (Ron Parker)
wrote:

>But what if it's an official change that's only available in source form?
>That appears to be what we have here.  Is it still r2 if there's no binary
>version?

Oh, I see. The numbering applies to the at least compiled version: I don't know about
the windows source code changes, but I suspect (I can't know for sure, I only have
the latest Windows source code somewhere on my Mac harddisk and never compiled it
yet) that they are only there to get it compile (without errors) on different
compilers or fix possible mini bugs that do not justify a full re-release. I think
you are refering to the preliminary source he posted for testing, aren't you?

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: Tho### [at] csicom

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.