POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Moray Modeler : Re: Moray Modeler Server Time
6 Sep 2024 06:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray Modeler
From: Ron Parker
Date: 13 Nov 1998 08:36:36
Message: <364c35e4.0@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 12 Nov 1998 15:08:51 -0600, egloria <lgl### [at] gcentralcom> wrote:

Please don't do that.  This is a newsgroup, not a website.  Oh, and your
Enter key called.  It's feeling neglected.  (Translation: try to post so
your message isn't all on one line when read with a real newsreader.)

> Ok I just downloaded the moray modeler and when I started it up it says =
>that povray is not installed or not installed correctly it cannot find =
>the exe file of povray how in the world or where in the world do I =
>install this modeler to get it to recognize povray?? a real newbie with =
>no clue!!!!

The current release of Moray doesn't work automatically with POV 3.1.  The
next release will.  You can either keep an eye on the Moray site and wait
for the new version, or you can download the older version of POV.  Also,
you might want to check out the moray groups on this news server for
people who might know more about Moray.

>Is there a book in print on povray tutorials It is a pain in the but to =
>read online and try to do what they say yeah yeah I know you can print =
>it out bu my wife is having a hissy fit on all the tutorials that I have =
>been printing trying tpo learn something

There were a couple of books, now out of print, for version 2.x of POV-Ray.
They're still reasonably accurate, but things have changed enough that
they wouldn't get you past the basics even if you could find a copy of
either.   To my knowledge, there are no newer books in English for POV-Ray.