POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Hair? Fur? Beards? : Re: Hair? Fur? Beards? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:09:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hair? Fur? Beards?
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 15 Nov 1998 13:03:31
Message: <364F17B5.98B4AC11@peak.edu.ee>
Still, trying to model every strand of hair separately is a definite indication
that you have been raytracing too long (courtesy of twysted.net).
I guess if youre VERY good with media, you could achieve something with that.
Not quite realistic, but a general approximation. I saw sth. like that in
binaries.images some time ago.
Just an idea...

Btw. there is a 3DSMax plugin - Hair&Fur or something - that does hair (motion
and everything). Any ideas as to how this is done?

Margus