POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : comments on voting : Games : Re: comments on voting : Games Server Time
27 Jul 2024 07:55:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: comments on voting : Games
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 14 Nov 1998 08:03:13
Message: <364D7F82.7CDB8E78@flash.net>
sulfugor wrote:

> Personally, i found some of his comments funny :) But ok, they were bordering on bad
taste, BUT, at least he was
> expressing honest feelings, i think.
> But, with regards to you, Dan, i noticed that for every animation, no matter how bad
and awful, you thought it was "great", to
> paraphrase you. I thnk that if one can give advice on how to improve an animation,
one should give it instead of applauding whatever
> the person comes up with. Sure, i can respect the fact that they put a lot of work
in the animation, but it it sucks, it sucks !

I didn't say every animation was great.  But it is true -- there were aspects
of every one that I thought were quite good; there were no really bad entries in
the whole bunch.  When in the stills rounds in which I have voted I didn't like
anything in an entry, I try to focus on what is needed to make it a quality image
rather than on what is wrong -- it is never productive to just say "this sucks".

But I respect your opinion.

Dan

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/