POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Problems with AMD+Win98 : Re: Problems with AMD+Win98 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:33:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with AMD+Win98
From: Axel Baune
Date: 10 Nov 1998 08:23:31
Message: <36483E66.7CBFC1A6@neuro.informatik.uni-ulm.de>
Peter Popov wrote:

> Hi Mauro.
>
> Try lowering you clock rate to something really small, like 133. If it still
> crashes, try setting your chipset configuration to the lowest possible
> setting. If it still doesn't work, try to turn off internal and/or external
> cache (sloooow1!). Try moving your videoboard to a different slot. If you
> are curious why I think this is a hardware problem, well, I have and AMD too
> and these things seem to lower the level of crashes at home, should work for
> you too. If none of these helps, reinstall POV, reinstall Windows 98, and if
> it still crashes, get a bazooka and pay Bill Gates a visit.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Peter

I don't think it's a problem with the hardware. I've the same processor (AMD K6
300 3d Now) and encountered no problems with Pov 3.02 or PoV 3.1. I think the
problem is Win 98 (What other do you expect of a MS prodoct). However I'm using
Win 95 B with USB support. I don't know if it helps you, but nevertheless I
hope so.

Yours

A.Baune

Axel Baune                                            Phone:  +49 731 502 4242
Department of Neural Information Processing             Fax:  +49 731 502 4156
University of Ulm
89069 Ulm                            email: aba### [at] neuroinformatikuni-ulmde
Germany                            URL (privat): http://www.uni-ulm.de/~abaune

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (3 KB)