POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Where to get NON BEta Povray? : Re: Where to get NON BEta Povray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:33:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where to get NON BEta Povray?
From: =Bob
Date: 9 Nov 1998 23:02:04
Message: <3647babc.0@news.povray.org>
The following is an excerpt from the pvengine.exe file (near end) in case
anyone else is wondering what Morpheus was originally talking about.
This obviously has nothing to do with the actual version as R.H.Morrison
pointed out. Hope I am doing nothing wrong by cutting and pasting this bit of
the file here, thought it might keep others from being confused, as I was.
Also, I have heard mention of version "r1a" not just r1 and this is apparently
due to the fact that 3.1.r1 is referred to as 3.1a at povray.org. Don't know
about the specifics, beta 6? was the last of the betas as I understand it.

^^^^^^
File Description POV-Ray(tm) for Windows, File Version Beta 4 Internal Name
PVEngine, Legal Copyright Copyright (c) 1996-1998 POV-Team.
All Rights Reserved. May only be distributed under the terms of the POV-Team's
POVLEGAL.DOC file. Legal Trademarks POV-Ray(tm) is a trademark of the
Persistence of Vision Development Team, Original Filename PVEngine.EXE Product
Name POV-Ray (Product Version 3
^^^^^^

Message <364### [at] mailexcitecom>, Morpheus Dreamlord  typed...

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
  http://members.aol.com/inversez/POVring.html