POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Problems with AMD+Win98 : Re: Problems with AMD+Win98 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:34:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with AMD+Win98
From: Peter Popov
Date: 9 Nov 1998 22:06:23
Message: <3647adaf.0@news.povray.org>
Hi Mauro.

Try lowering you clock rate to something really small, like 133. If it still
crashes, try setting your chipset configuration to the lowest possible
setting. If it still doesn't work, try to turn off internal and/or external
cache (sloooow1!). Try moving your videoboard to a different slot. If you
are curious why I think this is a hardware problem, well, I have and AMD too
and these things seem to lower the level of crashes at home, should work for
you too. If none of these helps, reinstall POV, reinstall Windows 98, and if
it still crashes, get a bazooka and pay Bill Gates a visit.

Hope this helps.

Peter