POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Centering an Object : Centering an Object Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:12:59 EDT (-0400)
  Centering an Object
From: Mike Wilson
Date: 6 Nov 1998 09:32:14
Message: <364307DC.9348C8D4@iastate.edu>
Is there some easy way to find the x-y-z limits of an object placed at
an arbitrary location so that it could be translated back to the
origin?  It would be nice to have a "center" command, but I'd settle for
being able to find the limits so I could translate it myself.

I'm thinking particularly (but not exclusively) about text.  Since each
letter size is somewhat different , I'm finding it hard to do some
rotation loops that would be simple with centered objects.

If there isn't a simple way do this, is there an #include file anywhere
that will do centering?

Thanks.

Mike Wilson