POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Combining Real / Rendered world : Re: Combining Real / Rendered world Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:30:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Combining Real / Rendered world
From: Peter Popov
Date: 4 Nov 1998 14:17:24
Message: <3640a844.0@news.povray.org>
I have some experience with this. I strongly suggest rendering your scene
with an alpha channel so that you can subsequently merge it more easily. For
most cases merging the rendered image and the photo is not very difficult. I
suggest PhotoShop 4 or 5, but it is not a cheap tool. As for reflections, in
most cases (if they are simple enough) you can fake them with image mapping.
In PShp 5.0 there'e even a play-around-with-3d-image-wrapping kind of
plug-in, so if you want an orb in a forest (?!?) it comes down to mostly 2-D
processing.

If you are using PShp I can help you more (rather than throwing some
sensless tips at you). Contact me via e-mail if this is the case.

Peter