POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : comments on voting : Games : comments on voting : Games Server Time
1 Jun 2024 00:49:01 EDT (-0400)
  comments on voting : Games
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 31 Oct 1998 01:18:30
Message: <363AABAD.52BA6CE7@flash.net>
Congrats to PoolShark!!!  That was an amazing selection
of entries, I thought, but I also had PoolShark as #1....
Anyone who hasn't downloaded this one should do so -- it had
all the elements (except sound :)) of a quality animation.

But some negative comments about voters:

* In the comments, one voter note he was unable to vote
  on some images since ActiveMovie doesn't display images
  sized in nonintegral multiples of 16x16 pixels.  If
  he was unable to view the images because he has only
  obsolete software and can't be bothered to find better
  software (like one of Microsoft's other free viewers),
  he shouldn't vote at all -- voters have the responsibility
  to view all accepted entries.  To submit arbitary scores
  is just unacceptable.

* I really hate to "name names", but r### [at] kol44kauhajokifi 's
  comments were just plain out of line.  I don't know who this
  "individual" is, but (s)he clearly has a major attitude problem.
  I strongly recommend all entrants from this round ignore
  anything (s)he wrote, as he had basically nothing good to say
  about anything.

And one more comment :

* It's too bad Mousetrap didn't make the deadline -- it was
  quite good, I thought.  To those who haven't seen it, it's
  available at
  http://www.irtc.org/anims/1998-10-15/view.html
  for downloading now.

Dan