POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Noise Function : Re: Noise Function Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Noise Function
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 30 Oct 1998 13:12:26
Message: <363A0170.AE0F35E7@remove-this.reading.ac.uk>
Hi Ron,
    I _really_ like the idea of using the function/pigment names as the calling
function name. In my blinkered thinking I simply hadn't considered it a possibility.
I haven't looked at express.c in quite a while, v3.1 not at all, so I wouldn't like
to comment on feasability. But as you say, it should be possible - I can't think
pigment/isosurface type tokens occur in an expression for any other reason.

    If you have the time, I think this would make a nice little extension to the
syntax. I may well try coding it up myself just for fun ...

    All the best,
        Mike Andrews.