POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Noise Function : Re: Noise Function Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:35:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Noise Function
From: Ron Parker
Date: 29 Oct 1998 16:40:16
Message: <3638e0c0.0@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 07:28:25 +1000, Steven Jones
	<ste### [at] spiderwebcomau> wrote:
>Is there a noise function in POV 3.02?

The answer to this depends on what you're trying to do with it.  If
you're hacking the POV source code, which is what we discuss in this
group, then the answer is yes; look in textures.c, the function is
called (appropriately enough) Noise.

If, however, you're looking for a function to do what Noise does in
a POV script, the answer is "no, and you could have found that answer
much more quickly by reading the fine documentation."

Finally, if you're looking for someone to write a function to do what
Noise does in a POV script, then you asked in the right group.  It's
really easy to add, but nobody's ever asked for it.  Maybe it'll find
its way into the superpatch before I freeze development on it.