POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Pov-ray New user : Re: Pov-ray New user Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:11:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-ray New user
From: Maleko
Date: 29 Oct 1998 12:01:39
Message: <36389f73.0@news.povray.org>
Nieminen Mika wrote in message <363894be.0@news.povray.org>...
>Margus Ramst <mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote:
>: True. Moray is a good modeller. But keep a few things in mind.
>: Since you are familiar with programming, I strongly suggest learning to
use the
>: POV scripting language. This is the real beauty POV - you can have it
generate
>: objects and other things with scripts. Moray does not allow you to do
this, so
>: you'd miss a lot.
>
>  That's true. I always like this example:
>
>  Try making this image http://iki.fi/warp/MandScripts/povray.html with
>Moray. I would like to see that ;)
>  Modellers are very handy, but you can't do _everything_ with them.
>
>--
>                                                           - Warp. -

Actually yes you can do everything with moray you can do with scripts. you
see Moray ahs a little known feature that you can add personalized .inc
files to your scene, in that .inc file you can do anything POVRAY can do. I
admit MOST (not all) people who use Moray don't use this,or possibly even
know it is there, but with that one little feature it allows all of pov's
features to be utilized. So yes you can use all of pov's features with
Moray, most people just don't.