POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Pov-ray New user : Re: Pov-ray New user Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:12:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-ray New user
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 29 Oct 1998 02:14:42
Message: <363815A1.3EB4323A@peak.edu.ee>
True. Moray is a good modeller. But keep a few things in mind.
Since you are familiar with programming, I strongly suggest learning to use the
POV scripting language. This is the real beauty POV - you can have it generate
objects and other things with scripts. Moray does not allow you to do this, so
you'd miss a lot.
Also, you can export from Moray to POV, but the reverse (as far as I know)
cannot be done.
And finally latest version of Moray (3.0) does not support all the features of
POV 3.1. They are working on a new version, though.
Also, Rhino and some others can export POV format and there are converters for
making POV files from other 3D formats, like 3DS (I have 3DStudio4 myself, not
Max, so I don't know about Max converters)

Hope this helps
Margus