POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Pov-ray New user : Re: Pov-ray New user Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:12:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-ray New user
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 28 Oct 1998 06:19:38
Message: <3636FE28.2BB95C28@peak.edu.ee>
Well, I rather suppose you knew _something_ before you started downloading it ;)
Since there is no quessing the extent of your former knowledge, I really don't
know where to start answering.
Do you know what raytracing is? Have you previously done any programming? etc.
etc.
POV also comes with a full manual and many example scenes. Have a look at those,
they really help.
Other than that, there is nothing U actually need to know before starting to use
it - it doesn't mess up your machine if it sees your'e a beginner (most programs
don't)

Margus