POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Nested While Loops Bug? Problem with arrays? : Re: Nested While Loops Bug? Problem with arrays? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:26:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nested While Loops Bug? Problem with arrays?
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 25 Oct 1998 05:56:56
Message: <363303C1.84E81FA7@flash.net>
Nathan Kopp wrote:

> One thing to add... this is basically a question of whether POV should be
> a 'strongly typed' language or not.  In other words, should we allow
> implicit conversions (color <-> vector) or not.

I would leave the assignment of color status to the rgb* and/or
color keywords.

Vector->color conversions are trivial, but color->vector conversions
must be done with certain assumptions, such as rgbft.

But if there is no problem with vector<->color conversions,
why not allow them?  What is wrong with

  pigment { color rgb vrotate(<1, 0, 0>, <0, 0, clock*360>) }

or

  #local c = color rgb <1, 0, 0>;
  vlength(c)

for example?