POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Nested While Loops Bug? Problem with arrays? : Re: Nested While Loops Bug? Problem with arrays? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nested While Loops Bug? Problem with arrays?
From: Sally Rothenberg
Date: 20 Oct 1998 21:17:20
Message: <362d2810.0@news.povray.org>
Jeffrey,

I'm not sure this is the same problem but I noticed I can't seem to write to
a single
element in my UV lattice (2 dim array) of vectors, although I can read:

    #local nx = clat[U][V].x;

My workaround was:

     #local clat[U][V] = <cc+1,0,0>;

If you are initializing in a nested loop, you might try:

   #local clat[U][V] = <xvalue,yvalue,zvalue>;

If this has something to do with my using version 3.1 rather than 3.1a, I'd
sure like to
know about it !

Hope this helps,
Sally