POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New version of NKFlare : Re: New version of NKFlare Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New version of NKFlare
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 19 Oct 1998 10:37:39
Message: <362b40a3.0@news.povray.org>
Nathan Kopp wrote in message <362969E4.1FE0A1B7@ltu.edu>...
>> > src="file:///C:/Webpages/NewFlare/TITLE.jpg"
>
>I guess that's what I get for using FrontPage instead of hand-coding the
HTML
>file.  When will the makers of web-page generators ever learn that nobody
but
>myself has access to my hard disk drive and I want relative addresses on my
>images?  Sorry for the rant... just a little frustrated.  [the worst part
is
>that I didn't notice it because that URL exists on my computer... ;) ]
>
>Anyway, it's fixed now
>
>-Nathan

A "sort-of" explanation:
FP changes links when you copy&paste them from one page to another in the
editor. This is a good feature most of the time. For example: You have a
link on a page that links to an image in the same folder. Like
href="myimage.gif", and you copy that link into a page that is in a
subfolder. Since the image is then in a different folder than the page
containing the link to it, the link is changed (to something like
href="../myimage.gif") so that it is not broken. As said: Usually a good and
desirable thing.
The problem is, sometimes you don't *want* links to be changed: For example,
if "myimage.gif" exists in the subfolder too, and you *want* to link to this
other image.
In those cases, do *not* copy the link with copy&paste in the "normal" edit
mode, but go to HTML-view mode instead, and copy it there. If copied in
HTML-mode links are copied verbatim and are not changed...

Hope it helps a bit,
Johannes.