POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : UNIX version ? : Re: UNIX version ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UNIX version ?
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 22 Oct 1998 04:37:54
Message: <362EE0A0.68FED44A@flash.net>
But given that Ron Parker and others have been able to compile
the DOS source with so little difficulty on the UNIX system,
it appears that the POV team is trying to do more than this.

But what?

All I can think of is GUI development.  But the beauty of UNIX
is you don't need a fancy GUI.  My UNIX installation doesn't
even use the X code -- you really don't need it.

I think if one polled UNIX users, they'd much rather have the
official source sooner than wait around for GUI code they likely
won't need anyway.

Dan

Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> PS: Why don't you try one of the unofficial versions for now if you absolutely need
a unix version *now*?

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/