POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Povwin 3.02, won't render : Re: Povwin 3.02, won't render Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povwin 3.02, won't render
From: Cedar
Date: 21 Oct 1998 03:01:20
Message: <362D7912.1430@geocities.com>
Mike wrote:

> You didn't mention which OS you are using.  If it's win3.1, that could explain
> it.
>
> There are a few other things that can cause a crash.  Using too high a
> max_trace_level or too many objects than you have memory for can do it.
>
> Just a few things I know of.  Any fit the bill?
>
> -Mike
Oops, sorry.. it's win95.
I don't think it's either of those because a scene of:
camera { location -z look_at 0 }
box { 0,1 }
won't even render.. also, it used to work just fine..about 2-3 months
ago, I just can't figure out what I've changed.  Thoughts on swap/temp
space?  I've changed my swap file and temp locations back to what they
were before, even though it's less that what I have now, and same
thing.  Tried rebuilding the registry, tried using a registry from 7
months ago to no avail.  As to what I've changed, I added a scsi HD for
storage.  Of course I've tried removing it as well.  I only have 16 meg
ram total now, don't remember when I added the other 8.  Bad ram
possibly?  I have tried swapping bank 0 and bank 1 of my simms.  One
thing I have noticed, I can no longer run HyperTerminal, it immediatly
gives a page fault in unknown modual.

I know I'm starting to get more into o/s troubleshooting but any help is
appreciated.
-Cedar
..I guess this reflects a little of what I do for a job: Tech Support.