POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POVWIN 3.1a source code. : Re: POVWIN 3.1a source code. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:28:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVWIN 3.1a source code.
From: povray org admin team
Date: 16 Oct 1998 13:11:07
Message: <36286efd.23972750@news.povray.org>
>superpatch beta, which is why I'm thankful for the #error that's been added.
>But I was just idly wondering why it was necessary even in 3.0x.  The text
>from optout.h gets displayed in the message window as well, right?  Not
>that there's anything wrong with it, but it just seems redundant.

It's not redundant. The optout.h message gets displayed when you start a
render. The pvengine.h one gets shown when PVENGINE loads. That's why there's
two. While I could display the other one, I chose to use a one-liner for the
initial on-load message.

>Then there's a problem, because my build gave me errors until I put the
>DLLs in the build directory.  It loads cmedit.dll from the home directory,
>but not cmax101.dll.  The problem is, cmedit implicitly loads cmax101, and
>windows can't find cmax101 in the default search path (it's a little-known
>fact that the search path does _not_ include the path from which the
>current module, in this case cmedit, was loaded.) If the povray home
>directory is in your path, or if your current directory is the home
>directory, this problem will not appear.

ok, good point. I forgot about cmax101.dll (we didn't have two DLL's in the
previous version). I never noticed it here since I also have cmax101 in my
system32 directory. I'll add a comment to that effect in the readme.

I've pulled the archive offline anyhow because I forgot to remove the
'official' bit from optout.h.