POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POVWIN 3.1a source code. : Re: POVWIN 3.1a source code. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVWIN 3.1a source code.
From: Ron Parker
Date: 16 Oct 1998 17:16:48
Message: <3627a9b0.0@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 16 Oct 1998 14:48:33 -0500, Mark Arrasmith
	<arr### [at] mathtwsuedu> wrote:
>Compiled pretty much straight out.  I added comctl32.lib to the link list
>and changed pvengine.c somewhat.  For some reason in the
>PovUnhandledExceptionFilter at line 309
>
>sprintf (str, "An exception was generated at address %08lX\n\nPOV-Ray will
>now exit", c->Eip) ;
>
>I get the error:
>..\PVENGINE.C(309) : error C2039: 'Eip' : is not a member of '_CONTEXT'
>
>If I comment out all of PovUnhandledExceptionFilter it compiles and seems to
>run ok.  I had to do this for the compile of 3.01 on AlphaNT also.

This is to be expected.  CONTEXT is the processor state at the time of the
exception.  EIP (or Eip) is the instruction pointer.  Looking in the winnt.h
that ships with the NT5 DDK, it looks like you want the Fir member instead,
defined as:

ULONGLONG Fir;      // (fault instruction) continuation address

Since this is a long long, you'll also want to use something besides %08lX
for a format specifier.