POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POVWIN 3.1a source code. : Re: POVWIN 3.1a source code. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVWIN 3.1a source code.
From: Mark Arrasmith
Date: 16 Oct 1998 16:47:14
Message: <3627a2c2.0@news.povray.org>
Well, I can now say I have a native AlphaNT version running.  Sorry I
couldn't send you an Alpha for you to make an official version with :-)
That and I'm not good enough of a programmer to really help.

Notes on compiling using VC++ 5.0 on AlphaNT.

Compiled pretty much straight out.  I added comctl32.lib to the link list
and changed pvengine.c somewhat.  For some reason in the
PovUnhandledExceptionFilter at line 309

sprintf (str, "An exception was generated at address %08lX\n\nPOV-Ray will
now exit", c->Eip) ;

I get the error:
..\PVENGINE.C(309) : error C2039: 'Eip' : is not a member of '_CONTEXT'

If I comment out all of PovUnhandledExceptionFilter it compiles and seems to
run ok.  I had to do this for the compile of 3.01 on AlphaNT also.

On running the new executable.

With the blue rock tile I see the same line as what Ron saw in the message
window.  And because I can't use the new edit control I delete the dll's out
of the bin directory.  When POV-Ray runs the first time it complains that it
doesn't find the edit control and then starts.  But, unlike 3.01 every time
it runs it reminds me.  At least until I go and set UseEditors=0 in
pvengine.ini.  3.01 did this for me before.

Other than that, it looks great.

- mark