POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : HEX --> RGB : Re: HEX --> RGB Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:31:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HEX --> RGB
From: Ken
Date: 16 Oct 1998 12:09:16
Message: <3627617C.849E0C62@pacbell.net>
Josh English wrote:

> Very cool! And very helpful. SDince we're on the subject, I am working
> on some images for a friend that are set in a city. They're pretty
> relaxed about how the building are going to look, and in my sample
> scenes they didn't like the sky. I had just used some of the preset
> cloudy skies. They want the sky color to be Hue 205, Saturation 120, and
> Luminosity between 56 and 136. I don't have any way of  converting this
> color! Has anyone seen this color palette? Does anyone know where I
> could find resources too convert it?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Josh English
> eng### [at] spiritonecom
> www.spiritone.com/~english

  That's an easy one. With the numbers you gave, having averaged
you last entry to 75, I am getting an rgb value of rgb 205-120-75
or in pov lingo =
pigment{ color (colour) rgb< 0.8039, 0.4705, 0.0.2941 >}

   I cheated to come up with this for you and you can cheat to if you
have access to PSP, possibly the windows custom color picker
window, or just about any of the half way decent paint programs out
there today. I haven't checked but windows paint probably has it too.
  In PSP you can go into the color control panel and input the values
you gave. There are windows for hue, saturation, and luminance.
When your through inputting - numbers will appear on the right
corresponding to a scale from 0 - 255. It is then an easy operation
to convert that to Pov syntax- n/255 = pov rgb.

Ken Tyler