POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : ANNOUNCE: POV Superpatch for version 3.1 public beta : Re: ANNOUNCE: POV Superpatch for version 3.1 public beta Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: POV Superpatch for version 3.1 public beta
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 15 Oct 1998 14:00:15
Message: <362629FB.5A907509@remove-this.reading.ac.uk>
Hi Ron,
    I'm downloading the binary as I type, salivating copiously at the thought of
getting it home and installed ... isosurface bounded media clouds over a
procedural, slope textured heightfield landscape [drool, drool]! Oh, my!
    Ahem, pardon me. My emotions overcame me for a moment.

    Seriously Ron, this is a great job. If the source is stable I'd like to try
building a DJGPP dos port, possibly a win32 console with mingw32 version if I can
adapt what I read of how the *n*x ports are being done from the dos source ...

    Thanks for the hard work,
        Mike Andrews.

Ron Parker wrote:

> The first public beta of the POV Superpatch for version 3.1 is now available
> at http://twysted.net/patchstation .  Currently, only a Win32 binary is
> available.  Source is not yet generally available because it has not been
> finalized, but I would be happy to email it to interested parties, particularly
> those who would like to build and contribute versions for DOS, Unix, or Mac.
>
> The following patches by other authors have been included in this version
> of the superpatch:

[ wonderful, huge list of patches and improvements snipped :-) ]