POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Clouds.POV in feet, not miles : Re: Clouds.POV in feet, not miles Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clouds.POV in feet, not miles
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 14 Oct 1998 09:49:26
Message: <36249DAF.C82A9116@remove-this.reading.ac.uk>
Hi Jon,
    Your basic problem is that the medias are now too dense for your distance
unit.
    If you put in
        #declare atmCol = atmCol / 5280;
just after atmCol is defined and change
          [0.5 colour Gray95]
          [1.0 colour Gray75]
          [0.5 colour Gray95 / 5280]
          [1.0 colour Gray75 / 5280]
in the D_Cloud_Center declaration it should work.

    Have fun,
        Mike Andrews.

Jon Berndt wrote:

>     The following POV code is an adaptation of Mike Andrews clouds.pov code
> for just the clouds. I have a need to see how it was done, but in units of
> feet and not miles. I have tried to modify it, but it comes out pure black -
> though it renders just as slowly as his clouds.pov scene! Anyone know what I
> am doing wrong?
>
>     Jon
>
>     // Start of cloud code ... rather a mess.
>     #declare cloudShape = density { spotted ramp_wave }
>
>     #declare D_Cloud_Center =
>     density {
>        cloudShape triangle_wave
>        colour_map {