POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Help! My POVRay has expired! : Re: Help! My POVRay has expired! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help! My POVRay has expired!
From: xOtix
Date: 11 Oct 1998 22:39:12
Message: <36215dc0.0@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote in message <361DBA04.77F6747B@pacbell.net>...

>    I have good news for you. Your copy of Pov-Ray was a beta
>test version that was intentionaly crippled because the final
>version was due out in a short time. That final version has
been
>released and can be downloaded at:
>
>http://www.povray.org
>
>This version is not time limited and should last you forever,
>well almost anyway.
>
>Ken Tyler

Thankyou Ken, for your very prompt reply. Isn't POVRay a lovely
thing!

I still can't get it to work with MoRay, even though I installed
the latest MoRay patch.  Moray opens POVRay when I have it
minimised, then jumps in front of it and sends up a dialog that
complains that it can't open POVRay and would I please open it
manually.  I really like the MoRay interface, too, so that's too
bad.

So I downloaded a modeller(sp?) called Breeze. It's a bit too
primitive, and it keeps crashing, but it does generate POV
files, thank goodness.

Are there any other 3D modelling programs out there that are as
sophisticated as MoRay and can use the new POVRay format?

  ~  jann