POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Xmas-tree : Re: Xmas-tree Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Xmas-tree
From: Spock
Date: 11 Oct 1998 14:56:08
Message: <3620f138.0@news.povray.org>
You were lucky to get 12... my machine went into the toilet at 7...
The solution seems to be to use the same tree over and over.
I tweaked the include file to accept a maxheight argument and
included it three times... then spun the trees around and grouped
them to get 20 without running out of memory... might even be
able to go higer but 20 was all I needed.