POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Display Problem : Re: Display Problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Display Problem
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 6 Oct 1998 23:32:24
Message: <361ad2b8.0@news.povray.org>
Im Beitrag <361AC190.59B84AA4@usit.net> , Lewis Sellers <lse### [at] usitnet>  schrieb:

>> Just a sidenote: The Mac 3.1 version has *full* dithering in whatever resolution
you run it. And we can even view the alpha-channel - it works just the way Photoshop
does it :-)

>Hmm. I actually had no idea how mac hardware handles such things. Nice
>to know it dithers though. :)

It is the software! As in every modern operating system you simply tell the copy
function to dither. I am very sure the same thing is availabe on WinDOS. You should
not have to even think about what the hardware does, thats your drivers prolbem, not
yours. :-)   So a good driver and software setting the right copy flags will never
show this problem. On the Mac even dithered 256 color images (with the system's
colors) look quite nice.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany