POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Display Problem : Re: Display Problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Display Problem
From: Ross Smith
Date: 9 Oct 1998 03:30:29
Message: <361DAD99.40B5@ihug.co.nz>
JK wrote:

> >I am still in search for a better news client, but I have
> not found one
> >that fits my needs. I will try to manually format the text
> whenever I
> >remember to do so. Sorry! However, since I applied one of
> the so called "securety fixes" the whole program crashes
> more often than anything else, so I am intensively
> searching...
>
> You should try Collabra, the newsgroup program Netscape
> delivers in its Communicator pack. I think this works fine.
> By the way, right at this moment I'm using Outlook Express
> as well. Do my lines get wordwrapped ok?

Yours do. Your quotes don't. See above.

> I ask, because
> apparently Outlook reads these newsgroup messages
> differently from others: your messages got wrapped nicely on
> my screen...

Outlook Express always buggers up quoted text if you use automatic line
wrapping. The only cure is to switch off that option and format your own
text by hand.

--
Ross Smith ....................................... Auckland, New Zealand
<mailto:r-s### [at] ihugconz> ........ <http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~r-smith/>