POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Radiosity : Re: Radiosity Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity
From: Marc SCHEFFER
Date: 7 Oct 1998 18:25:51
Message: <361BDC68.F842C77A@wanadoo.fr>
You know, you can find some tips on how radiosity works in PoV's doc. Roughly
(please, feel free to correct me if I do any mistake due to loss of memory...)
It's a way to achieve a better result than ambient light, by calculating first a
"normaliz (s ?)ed" ambient value for each of a lot of subdividings in the final
image, and then using it to render with a correct look and feel. Quite time
consuming, but really worth if you have a powerful enough cpu.

And again, sorry if some of my explanations here were wrong, I haven't the doc
here...