POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Display Problem : Re: Display Problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Display Problem
From: Stephen Lavedas
Date: 5 Oct 1998 22:55:47
Message: <361979AA.7F5FCF1@Ragingbull.com>
It is your video card.  I ran into this problem with my IRTC entry which
used atmosphere... after jacking samples up near 2000, I finally tried
to change my color depth up to 24bit.  The problem is that the output is
24bit and the video card is displaying 16bit without dithering down.
There really isn't a solution, but if you are running under 24bit color,
there isn't a problem either (you need a card with 2 megs for 800x600 at
24bit and 4 megs for 1024x768... well you really only need 3, but they
don't sell them like that..)

Steve