POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Display Problem : Display Problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:26:54 EDT (-0400)
  Display Problem
From: Sirrus
Date: 5 Oct 1998 21:41:33
Message: <36196729.AE4447CB@usa.net>
Hi everyone,

    I have been having a problem with my display for a while now, but it
has gotten to the point of annoyance recently. My problem is that any
time I view a picture made with Povray, I see bands of color where there
should be a smooth transition. I have figured out that it probably has
something to do with my video card/settings. I have a 1mb card that is
set at 800x600 16 bit, the highest it will go right now is 640x480 24
bit. I have also found a solution: open the pics up in Paint Shop Pro
and convert them to 24 bit color with error diffusion. This is a little
too much work to do while looking at pictures on a web page however. I
believe that I am probably not the only one who has had this problem. I
would like to know if there are any possible solutions short of
upgrading my card?

                                 Sirrus

PS. I know that this has more to do with video cards than Povray, but I
like you guys better. :)