POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : help :) : Re: help :) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: help :)
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 5 Oct 1998 03:46:00
Message: <36186b5e.890230@194.174.214.10>
Hi Axe, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> 1) can I load .pov files into Moray and edit them in the viewable
> windows?
No.

> 2) I see how to load .inc files.. figured that out myself before all the
> postings... but if I add a .inc file containing textures, how can I
> assign those textures in my scene without having to export the .pov file
> and manually edit it to the new textures.
Create a texture with the same name as the one you have in your
include file. Export the scene. Edit the INC file of the scene and
search for the texture name. Above it is a line that reads

  //$MRY:texturename

where texturename is the name of your texture. Change this line to
read:

  //$MRX:texturename

and delete the definition of the texture from this INC file.
When you next export the scene, Moray will not export the texture
again and POV-Ray will use the definition in your other INC file.

> 3) How do I create anything other than cubes, spheres, standard shapes?
> More complex stuff?
Use CSG.

> Are there any tutorials available on the web for
> Moray (as opposed to Povray).
Hmmm, that's a tough one. You have worked through the tutorial that
comes with Moray I assume (Chapter 3 of the manual)? You may want to
check out http://twysted.net, he may have some tutorials.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray