POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Radiosity : Re: Radiosity Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity
From: Peter Popov
Date: 5 Oct 1998 01:12:23
Message: <36184727.0@news.povray.org>
Jeff Robertson wrote in message <36181af0.0@news.povray.org>...
>Hi
>I'm wondering if anyone is working on improving the radiosity of POV-ray.
>It's ok when set properly and I admire the developers but it doesn't have
>the reputation of being great. Being a firm believer in POV I would like to
>see it give Lightscape 'a run for it's money'.
>Thanks
>jarobertson

This rises a question I've often wanted to ask and always forgot to. How
does Lightscape work? What is radiosity tracing anyway? If it is a method of
a completely different nature than raytracing should we expect POV to be as
good as Lightwave in radiosity (or vice-versa: LW be as good in glasses,
caustics, etc.)?

Peter